Wednesday, April 21, 2010

“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.”

This week has been pretty low key so far. I haven't done too much homework...only because I'm becoming more of a procrastinator and saving everything for the last minute, like my two presentations for next week. My motivation for school work hasn't picked up at all.

So instead of doing something productive today, I got the inspiration to make a list of all the places I want to go in my life. It's still a work in progress since the world is a pretty big place but this is what I have so far:

-Machu Picchu, Peru
-Oaxaca, Chiapas, & the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
-Bari, Italy (where my great grandma is from)
-Bergen, Norway (where Nana & Bapa's parents are from)
-Kenai Peninsula & Denali National Park, Alaska
-Australia (I haven't narrowed down a place yet because it all looks amazing)

I'm kind of worried about how big this list is going to get, but I guess I have a lifetime to try and go everywhere. The only problem will be money - I hope I win the lottery. Now I know the answer to the question "What would you do if you won a million dollars?" ... I'd probably buy my parents a house or a yacht or something for all the things they've done for me in my life so far in addition to funding all these trips haha.

1 comment:

  1. 1. come to chiapas with me this summer!!!
    2. we are going to pass through oaxaca while we go!
    3. i wanna go to machu picchu tambien so take me with you
    and i wanna go to ITALY!!!!
    AND AUSTRALIA
    ...can we make a pitstop in spain and DUBAI?!?!?!?!?!?! even though they're far.
    plus maybe a few african countries and HONG KONG?

    ReplyDelete