This is probably one of my most accomplished weekends so far. As mentioned in my last post, we had our FAC celebration last Friday which was a huge success. Only my really good friends showed up which made it even better...as Yuri said, "we don't want any wet towels hanging out with us" (she meant wet blanket I think ha) We showed up at La Diabla right at 1:00 when they opened, but it's Mexico, of course they're weren't ready for business right at 1. So Yuri, Rebecca, and I went shopping for a little while until 2:00 when we went to El BotaƱero for micheladas which were delicious. We stayed there for a while, I actually don't know what time we left. After there, we headed to La Diabla and drank some pitchers of beer. Later after everyone was served plenty, we went to Lobby, stayed there for a little while, then went to get pizza which was of course amazing. Some people were starting to go home at this point; I think it was around 11:00 or something? I stayed out with a few more people and we went to Los Lobos for another beer and I ended up going home around 1AM, so yeah, I was drinking for about 11 hours. I'd say it was pretty successful.
On Saturday I woke up hungover but still with the plan to write at least half of my 10 page literature paper. And guess what, I wrote all 10 pages...it was awful but I'm really glad it's done. I still have a lot of other stuff to do before the end of the semester, but at least that's off my mind. I mean I cheated a little bit because I used part of an essay from last semester, but it still counts right? So yeah, yesterday was pretty uneventful...I guess I tried to keep myself busy too so I wouldn't think about all my friends and family celebrating Syttende Mai.
Today I think I'm just going to do more homework & maybe go see Robin Hood with Anai and Mickey. We'll see I guess! Only about a month before I come home and when I think about it I get kinda bummed out. I'm excited to see everyone but it's sad to think that I'll be leaving Mexico for good for a while. Now's the time to enjoy my last month here...which is why I have to get all my homework down ASAP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment