Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ixtapa Weekend

I left last Wednesday to go see Mom & Dad in Ixtapa for an early weekend. I got back last night...

~Wednesday~
I got to Ixtapa around 5PM and Carlos was waiting for me at the airport to take me to the Melia. We talked the whole ride there and when we arrived I got a huge hug from both Mom and Dad; it was so nice to see them. After putting all my stuff in the room, I changed into my swimsuit and then we went down to the pool for a little while. A little later we got ready for dinner and ate at one of the restaurants in the hotel. Our dinner was really good and after we finished there we headed up to the lobby bar for a couple drinks. Mom got tired really fast, so we headed back to the room - Dad and I hung out on the balcony until 1 in the morning and then went to bed.

~Thursday~
We spent all day on Thursday at the pool which was super relaxing. Before going to the pool, we got some breakfast and then pretty much laid around all afternoon. I think we went up to the room to shower around 5 because we had to get ready for dinner in Zihuatanejo. Carlos picked us up and also came to dinner with us, Alvaro joined us later too. We ate at Club Intrawest, which is some really fancy timeshare hotel - we had a gift certificate to use there. I ordered a margarita to drink and I was already a little drunk after the first one haha. I ended up ordering Tacos Aztecas which included ant larvae, grasshoppers, and worms! They were actually out of the worms so they gave me extra grasshoppers! I can't believe I ordered it, but the menu said it was a member's favorite and the waiter also told me they were really good. Surprisingly they tasted good! I think the salsa, lime, onion, and cilantro helped a little bit too haha. After dinner, Carlos took Mom and Dad back to the hotel and Alvaro and I went downtown to get a beer. I got back around 12:30 or 1 I think.

~Friday~
We left the hotel a little before noon to meet up with Carlos and his family because we went to Ixtapa Island, which is right across from the hotel. He has 2 boys and 2 girls and they are amazing kids (I never thought I would say that). So we stayed at the island most of the afternoon - we laid on the beach, swam, ate lunch, and drank. The last boat left at 5:00 so we went with it. We walked back to the hotel and all took a nap by the pool before we had to go shower for dinner. Instead of going downtown again, we ate at the hotel and then called it an early night since we were leaving Saturday morning.


~Saturday~
Mom and Dad left the hotel around 9:30 and I left at 11:30. When I got to the airport, their plane was actually late leaving so we got to say goodbye again. I got stuck in Mexico City for 4 hours which was terrible - there was something wrong with the plane's air conditioning so instead of getting into Leon at 4 I got there at 8. I was super crabby by the time I got home but at least the trip was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment